Can we use our own caterer?
Yes, you may use any Licensed Caterer of your choice. McCormick Home Ranch is not equipped with indoor/outdoor kitchen facilities, refrigeration, or water source. Caterers cannot use ranch water for food preparation or dishwashing. Caterers kitchen tables must be left clear of all crates, boxes, etc. All food and equipment boxes must be broken down before they are put into the dumpster. When busing tables, please do not toss liquid on the lawn/ground. Notify your vendors that they must have all equipment picked up and ready to leave property by 11:00 p.m. Ranch lights will be turned off at 11:00 p.m. Toothpicks are NOT allowed. Caterers must provide a liability insurance certificate prior to event.
Are we allowed to have alcohol or a bar service?
You can provide your own alcohol or utilize a bar service. All liquor and equipment boxes must be broken down before they are put into the dumpster. Do not toss liquid on the lawn/ground. Glass bottled beverages cannot be self-served from a deep tub, a bartender must hand the guest a bottled beverage. No individual bottled waters allowed (they are a trash problem). You may NOT have a cash bar or collect money for the purchase of alcohol during the event. All lighting is handled through the ranch. Vendor cannot bring in additional lighting. Notify your vendors they must have all equipment picked up and ready to leave property by 11:00 p.m. Ranch lights will be turned off at 11:00 p.m. Drink stirrers are NOT allowed. Ask us about our preferred vendor list.
What kind of insurance is required?
You must provide a certificate of liability insurance for $1,000,000.00 listing McCormick Home Ranch, Inc. and Sally McCormick as the additional insured.
The Home Ranch neither accepts nor assumes any liability:
- For injury to client(s) or their guests prior to, during or after the event.
- For damages to client(s) or their guests’ vehicles while on ranch property.
- For theft or any type of vandalism or loss of personal property either prior to, during, or after the event.
- For damages done to rental equipment while it is on the property.
- For negligent acts as a result of the consumption of alcohol by any persons. Alcohol is the responsibility of the client and the client assumes all liabilities.
- For negligent acts done by any persons while on the ranch.
- For acts of God or war, inclement weather, power outages and any forces outside our control.
- For neighboring ranches running their equipment or doing ranch work the day of your event.
What are the requirements for music?
DJ/Bands must provide proof of liability insurance prior to event. All lighting is handled through the ranch. DJ’s/Bands cannot bring in additional lighting. Music must stop by 10:30 p.m. If DJ’s/Bands take longer than half an hour to break down, must stop music earlier than 10:30pm. Notify your vendors they must have all equipment picked up and ready to leave property by 11:00 p.m. Ranch lights will be turned off at 11:00 p.m. Noise level is restricted.
Can open flamed candles be used?
You can have enclosed candles like votives and hurricanes. Flame must be enclosed.
What is our responsibility as far as clean up?
- You are responsible for clean-up. All trash, décor and centerpieces must be cleared off all tables.
- Leave tablecloths on tables and please DO NOT FOLD CHAIRS.
- All trash MUST be put in the ranch dumpster the day & evening of the event.
- Failure to dispose of all trash and or breakdown boxes into dumpster will result in additional clean-up charge at a rate of $40.00 per man hour. Any applicable clean-up charges will be deducted from the security deposit.
- All road signs, balloons or ribbons put up by you must be collected the evening of the event or will result in an additional clean-up charge of $20.00 per sign.
Can we throw rice or confetti?
We do NOT allow confetti, rice and artificial rose petals.
Are children welcome?
Yes, children are welcome. Children MUST be supervised at all times while on the ranch.